Saturday, April 26, 2014

Police? ~ 2nd Free Writing



I started to run. I jumped off the roof, I glided down the rope. The night was covering the surroundings, hiding my face. I cloaked myself black, from head to toes. With a big heavy backpack hanging onto my shoulders, I moved myself fast, rushing my feet.
            Nobody chased me, but I kept running. I saw no face along the road that I ran into. There was a narrow path leading into a bright light at the end of the tunnel. That was where I stopped. As my body bending down, I took a heavy breath.
            “Where do you think you’re going, cat burglar?” a mysterious voice came out of nowhere, shocking my ears. I began to tremble.
            “A sinner like you has no rights to stray around, abusing freedom. Now, put down that backpack, or else…” that big uniformed man unleashed his gun out of the holder attempting to freak me out.
            “You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense,” that big old cop demanded.
            With the gun pointed at me, my hands were shaking, but my feet weren’t. I took a big fast step backward, and started to backwardly run away from that vicious-looking police. I ran as fast as I could. I reached the other end of the tunnel. I was relief.
            “Great, I made it! I cannot see any silhouette behind! God, how fat that cop was? How the freak couldn’t he chased me? Bah, whatever. That damn officer had ruined my ‘playtime’ night. I’d better be going home,” I told myself as I was breathing heavily.
            That was the last thing I knew before I woke up the next morning. As I stepped out my house, the errand boy passed me throwing a copy of the latest issue. The headline said, ‘A Robber Impersonating a Police Officer Was Found Guilty and Arrested with a Backpack Full of Money and a Pistol Toy.’

No comments:

Post a Comment