Saturday, April 11, 2015

Mountain Hitchhiker

I drove the car across the mountain,
To pass the foggy road again,
And my face got darker
By the fading sun through the lane
And there you came out of nowhere
Screamed at my windshield
            You said you’re lonely among the crowd and you ran away
            You said you got lost by reality and there you were
            Started to knock against my door
            Told me to let you be let in
            You said you’re scared of being alone in the dark
I didn’t argue with your story
Cause I didn’t want you question mine
I didn’t need to ask you why
Your eyes had clearly told it all
You see, I’m running away from home
To find someone like you
            I was just lonely among the crowd and I ran away
            And I’ve just got lost by reality and here I am
            Steering my wheels against the world
            Trying to find a quiet place
            You know I’m scared of being alone
            But I’m with you now
            In the shadowy trees
            As we’re both lost in the foggy road
            In the mountain high
            And we’ll sweep the night away
            Cause we’re never lost on what we believe,
            We’re never lost within our faith
            We’re never lost as long as the sunshine meets our eyes

            At the edge of our nightmares

No comments:

Post a Comment